The Iridium GO! Satellite Hotspot enables satellite connectivity for your mobile devices where terrestrial networks cannot. Simply flip up the integrated antenna and the battery-powered unit connects quickly and automatically to the Iridium LEO satellite constellation. You can easily connect up to five devices to the Iridium GO! via Wi-Fi and operate one device at a time within a 30-meter radius.
Iridium GO! can be used for:
- App support for iOS and Android
- Calls, SMS and email capable via the free app
- Voice calls
- 2-way SMS
- GPS tracking
- SOS alerts
- Email access
- Weather forecast
- External antenna options available for indoor and vehicle use
Download the new Iridium GO! App and get access to features that will keep you connected everywhere. Now with user-friendly onboarding screens and bright colours for reduced glare in both light and dark, the Iridium GO! app allows you to pair your personal smartphone or tablet for:
- Voice Calling
- SMS Text Messaging
- Emergency / SOS Alerting
- GPS & Tracking
Please note: use of satellite telecommunications services and devices may be prohibited or restricted in some countries.
What’s in the box?
- SIM Card not included – Please contact NSI for plans
- Iridium GO! device
- Universal AC travel charger
- USB charging/data cable
- 4 x international adapters
- DC adapter (car charger)
- Protective cover
- User manual
- 10.14 ounces (0.65 lbs, or 295 grams)
- Military Grade MIL-STD-810F
- Ingress Protection (IP65)
- Dustproof, shock resistant and jet-water resistant
- 7 hours talk, 16 hours standby
- At 2.4 Kilobits per second, the Iridium Go! is not a solution to those looking for a workable connection for normal Internet use. Email attachments of any size will take minute or hours to transfer, and a single webpage would take 5 to 10 minutes to load. Connectivity to the Internet with the Iridium Go should be considered an emergency backup solution.
- The Iridium Go! allows up to 5 connected devices, however, this would create a bottleneck. Applications like SMS text messaging and text-only email messages (using their email app), use fewer data and can still be used.
Usage Control Features
- Smartphone connectivity must go through specialized Email or Internet Apps
- Firewall controls to avoid runaway data charges
- Wi-Fi Range is 100′ or 30.5 meters for up to 5 devices